How to connect to the Rathe Server?
Please Note: The most common errors for client instability are zone crashes, random disconnects, and bot problems. If you're using EQEmu client and having issues, try a clean installation by following the steps below. This checklist should save you from future frustrations and headaches down the line.
- To connect to the Rathe Server, Go here or click 'Register' in menu bar to make an Everquest Login account. Then click here if you would like to register for Forums to leave bugs/feedback/etc.
- Make sure Titanium or Underfoot client is freshly installed.
- Edit the file eqhost.txt located in the root directory of
Everquest to look like this:
For Titanium clients:
[LoginServer]For Underfoot clients:
- Locate eqgame.exe then create a shortcut to your desktop. Right click
the shortcut and click on 'properties'. In the shortcut tab, look for Target and add
"patchme" (without quotes) in the Target tab. It should look something like this:
- Move these files to a Backup folder in Everquest Directory to prevent falling through certain zones:
c:\everquest\Other improvements include access caves to Hollowshade Moor, Mines of Gloomingdeep, piers to Ocean of Tears, Halls of Honor, and more.
ERROR: String not foundDon't panic, you can access Options within eqgame.exe in the menu.
Final Note: Do not run everquest.exe at any time. If you do, you will have to re-install your client because this installs Everquest Live.