Questing your Cleric's Temperance Spell
- PREPARATION - This requires the LoY expansion. Get your Buffs, SoE or SOW + Levitate at minimum. While putting your group together either get a wizard or druid or pay for PORT and/or TL via either Wizard of Druid to STONE BRUNT (both port to same location)
- Port in is safe, FACE EAST run along coast and down to dock, run to double doors on boat and CLICK on them to zone into Gunthak.
- Once you zone into Gunthak you should be able to see the lighthouse straight in front of you.[This is a neutral zone, you can sell to vendors or buy food and water inside lighthouse, there is a bank here as well & this is where you buy the drogs.]
You should still be on boat, with fresh levitate and SOW, FACE SOUTH now run due south across the water. If you do this from the door of the boat you may hit the black rock cliffs. Stear a little left just enough to clear the rock.
When you get close to Gunthak beach INVIS your group. [note: remind your group to clear all forage buttons and combat buttons activated by directional arrows, yeah we had someone disable his invis by forgetting] Stick to right side of zone, ship wreck wall is on right HUG THE WALL if your invis fails KEEP RUNNING DO NOT STOP you are going to end up bringing a train of about (no kidding) 40-60 mobs to the dulak zone. This is not a big issue but be courteous and shout the warning.
AS you hug the right side of zone continue to head SOUTH until you see the cave entrance, always, always stick to all right veins in the cave. Just keep running you will see a bunch of mobs just keep going stick to the right the cave opens up for a minute and you continue to run SOUTH thru the ogre town. You will see a Canyon guarded by two ogres on either side of Canyon. Keep heading SOUTH. You will zone into dulak.
- Once you zone into DULAK, if no one has trained it from the other side, it should be clear and safe just inside. Wait for all members to zone. The canyon is lined with DE Scouts the pathing is great, they run from their post to the middle of the canyon and then at you. Now you have two options, I went back after getting the spell and used both methods. Refresh your invis and run absolutely straight ahead to docks straight ahead of you. (NOTE: some of the Ogres see invis) when you get to the docks there are wharf rats, they conned indifferent to me, yes after dropping invis, they give xp but after all the time spent there they did not drop ANY loot at all, so my rec...avoid them. Crewman, guards and engineers on docks are all fair game. At level 43 the majority conned dark blue to me with a few yellows. They conned blue to the 61 wizard too. The crewman ON BOATS dropped "A DarkWater Emblem" in 15-20 minutes on three different ships. You can always do a shout out and ask anyone in zone to send a tell if they get/see one. They can not be sold nor used on any other quest.
- Once you get "A Deepwater Emblem" take it and your group back to gunthak. Go back by the lighthouse you will see an ERUDITE PALLADIN named Millius Darkwater.
Now is where I skip the bull, you can read the story if you like but this is the min. required:
YOU: HAIL MILLIUS DARKWATER npc: whatever...
YOU: WHAT PLACE? npc: whatever...
YOU: WHAT KNIGHTS? npc: whatever...
YOU: GIVE "A DEEPWATER EMBLEM npc: gives you "ALINA'S EMBLEM" (note: lookes exactly like "a deepwater emblem")
- Go down to the boat by lighthouse, INVIS GROUP, head DUE SOUTH back to Gunthak Beach. This time when you get to the beach, look for "a FEMALE ERUDITE SPIRIT" (note: male spirit is for Pally quest) you could give her the emblem and RECEIVE your temp spell and be done just like that (no fighting). "IF" the female spirit is not there start killing everything on the beach area, all the way back to the rock wall. The wizard swarm kited. The mobs on the beach are mostly DEAD skellys, dead ogres and trolls, some scorpions and dead mosquitos, etc could be a place holder for the spirits. If the male spirit pops, KILL IT, good xp, no loot and no faction hit.
NOTE: I found the female spirit @ -1100, -1010. But if you read the whole thread you can see the spirit could pop anywhere on the beach.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I do NOT know how you get back up to the boat to get back if you do not have levitate, so make sure you FLY!!! Hope this helps.