Bot Raiding Introduction
- This will give a central point for bot raiding info and help.
- This provides some simplification for players new to bot raiding. You will also have to learn the main Bot Raid Commands.
First a quick resume of the bot grouping system:
For example #bot savegroup 21 will save your current group to a different location and can recalled:
#bot spawngroup 21. But since anything above 20 will not affect raid groups, they should only be used for saving different configurations in single group hunting.
- If you're saving your current group (20) to other IDs, if you want to keep the new ID saved, disband and respawn 20.
-groups with IDs of less than 20 are raid groups and are
-groups with IDs 20 and over are reserved for single grouping.
-multiple single groups can be saved and bots can be re-used across the single groups.
-#bot spawngroup with no option defaults to GroupID 20.
You can still swap and form raid groups if you want to do it this way (just save the raid groups starting from 0). And you can make make as many hunting groups as you like (just save them to something above 19).
If you just use #bot spawngroup and do everything as before, none of the changes should matter - by this I mean I'm attempting to do this in such a way that the change will be there if you choose it.
But if you can figure all this out, it should be very beneficial.
- This new grouping method can also be used for forming raid groups
What I like to do is form a group, and if it works to my approval, I'll
save it to the raid/reserverd groups (0-19). For example:
#bot savegroup 0 would be the first group in my raid group. Then I disband and respawn with #bot spawngroup 20 (default single group of bots), which will be the same as what I saved, but here I can add/swap new bots, then save #bot savegroup 1 and up. When it's time to spawn a raid group, I just need use #bot spawnraid and #bot groupraid. Note that any saving of groups under ID 20, does not allow repetitions of the same bot (do that with group IDs over 19).
- Using saveraid command
agroup should be your primary used raiding groups, bgroup and cgroup are intended for backups of different raid configurations. So if you wanted to use cgroup, although you could use it straight up, it's better to save it to agroup, then use agroup. If you are using the new raid group creation system, changes are made to agroup only, so saving to bgroup or cgoup later on would keep the different configuration (for later use), and enable you to make a new configuration with agroup.
- You can create all the bots you want, just can't spawn more than what you have quested for.
This is important to know early on, as you can be creating and
equipping assortments of groups as you level, and not be overwhelmed at
the time you are creating raid groups.
List of Bot Raid commands
- #bot raid help - will show this help.
- #bot raid info - will give info of your raid.
- #bot raid create - will create your raid (you will be the raid leader).
- #bot raid group create - create a group. Your target will be the leader.
- #bot raid invite bot [group leader's name] - Invite your target into that group leader's group.
- #bot raid disband - Disband the raid.
- #bot raid maintank - Will try to turn the target's back to the rest of the raid.
- #bot raid order maintank - Your target will be flagged as the main tank.
- #bot raid order secondtank - Your target will be flagged as the second tank.
- #bot raid order maintarget - Your target will be flagged as the main raid's target.
- #bot raid order secondtarget - Your target will be flagged as the second raid's target.
- #bot raid order grouptarget [group leader's name] - Your target will be flagged as the target of a specific group.
- #bot raid order task [attack/guard] [group leader's name] - You will give a specific task [attack/guard].
- #bot raid order task [follow/assist] [group1 leader's name] [group2 leader's name] - Group 1 will [follow/assist] Group 2.
- #bot raid order task enraged - Tell your raid to stop attacking to defend against ENRAGED mobs.
Examples on creating Raid groups
For raiding, you need to have and be in a full bot group.
Then, issue #bot raid create.
You will receive the message "Your raid has been successfully created".
At that point you need to set up your 2nd group. Spawn your 2nd group leader, target them and use #bot raid group create.
You will receive the message "--Raid--Group leader is Botname".
Then spawn 2nd party member of group 2 and target them and #bot raid invite bot [botgroupleader's name]. You will receive the message "Botname2 says "I have joined Botname's Group". Repeat this process for 3rd-6th party members.
2nd Raid group is complete!
I Recommend using #bot raidsave after every group you setup in case you have any distracting issues before finishing.
Repeat this process for all other Groups you set up. The current Limit is 5 groups, but that can go up or down depending on server issues.
Then every time after that, #bot spawnraid followed by #bot groupraid will spawn all your bots in the raid and then group them into the appropriate groups you have setup and saved. I have a macro set up using:
- NOTE If you forget the #bot groupraid, your raid will spawn and just sit there looking at you.